Our Programs / Family Services / Pregnancy Services / Medical Services
Free pregnancy testing is available for those who are unable to afford it. Pregnancy tests are self-administered with a medical professional overseeing the process.
Additionally – for our pregnant clients – we provide medical screening examinations, medical counseling and education. For those seeking assistance from the Medicaid office, Proof of Pregnancy is provided.
All medical records are confidential and shared only with the client and those to whom the client has authorized us to release the information.
Sonograms are offered to clients who are eight weeks or more along in the pregnancy.
Pregnancy counseling teaches clients how to care for themselves during pregnancy.
What You Should Expect
If your pregnancy test is positive, you are referred to the Medical Room after speaking to the counselor or client advocate. Specific activities include:
- An ultrasound performed if you are 8 weeks or more along in your pregnancy
- Your vital signs are taken and reviewed with you
- The importance of prenatal care will be discussed with you
- You will receive prenatal vitamins if you do not have a primary care physician
- Assistance with Medicaid and WIC paperwork will be made available
- Information on health care during pregnancy is given to you
- A referral list of prenatal care physicians who accept Medicaid and private insurance is made available
THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR OUR SERVICES
Schedule an Appointment Today!